Manitoba Housing 
Tenant Services header image
Manitoba Housing logo

Tenant Services

Tenant Services Coordinators | Tenant Associations | Funding Opportunities


Tenant Services Coordinators (Manitoba Housing representatives) assist tenants in accessing resources and information to support a safe and healthy living environment. In rural communities, a Property Manager may also provide similar support services to tenants. 

Manitoba Housing Tenant Service Coordinators and Property Managers have a unique understanding of, and sensitivity to, the needs of their tenants. They are also available to help promote independent living in the community as long as possible by:

  • providing information and/referrals to health, financial, social services and community programs and service providers
  • providing information and referrals to education, training and employment programs and services
  • providing assistance and/or referrals to help with tenancy related topics and issues
  • providing information about access to Food Service's Meal Program where available
  • guiding and assisting tenants or Tenant Associations in coordinating on-site support services

    Contact your Tenant Services Coordinator and/or Property Manager for assistance with accessing services such as:

    • Adult Day Care
    • Age & Opportunity
    • Creative Retirement
    • Community Home Services
    • Education, Training and Employment
    • Foot Care Clinics
    • Flu Clinics
    • Filling Out Forms
    • Financial Counseling & Budgeting
    • Homecare
    • Handi-Transit
    • Health and Wellness Support including recreational and enrichment activities
    • Income Tax Clinics
    • Income Assistance Programs (e.g. Old Age Security, Canada Pension Plan, Employment & Income Assistance)
    • Public Trustee

Return to Top

Tenant Associations

Tenant Association's are made up of tenants who live in the same neighbourhood and are interested in their community's interests and overall well being. Tenant Associations are meant to give tenants independence and a stronger voice in the operation of their community.

A Tenant Associations do this by:

  • representing tenants' interests
  • voicing community-related concerns
  • organizing recreational activities
  • organizing fundraising events
  • developing and providing community programs (e.g. safety initiatives, children's programs).

If you are interested in starting a Tenant Association in your community, you may begin by following these steps:

  1. Informally talk to tenants to establish interest in your community (for example: get-togethers, posters in common areas, door-to-door canvassing).
  2. When enough interest has been generated, forward a written request to Manitoba Housing stating your intentions of starting a Tenant Association.
  3. In Winnipeg, a Tenant Services Coordinator is available to provide resources and support to the Tenant Association so recreational, educational and social needs can be organized within the community. In rural communities, either a Tenant Services Coordinator or a Property Manager can assist Tenant Associations with these needs.
  4. Once a Tenant Association is formally registered with Manitoba Housing, the Tenant Association is eligible to receive annual funding through Manitoba Housing.


Return to Top



Manitoba Housing Home | Our Programs | Find Housing | Tenant Resources | Our Communities | About Us | Working with Manitoba Housing | Job Opportunities | Contact Manitoba Housing