The Manitoba government is continually working to make this website accessible to the widest possible audience. Currently, our Internet standards require that government web content be developed using World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Internet standards.
This website can be navigated using access keys so that you can quickly move to important information if you are navigating by keyboard or assistive devices. It is fully compatible with popular screen reading software and allows for the use of modifications to increase text size and magnify screen/zoom.
Please see tips for enhancing the accessibility of this website below for more information on how to use the accessibility features listed above.
Software You Might Need
Some documents on this website are available in a PDF format. Adobe Acrobat is needed to open these files. Acrobat is available to download at no charge from Adobe.
Tips for Enhancing the Accessibility of this Website
This section explains accessibility features and provides suggestions for modifications you can make in your browser to help improve your access to www.manitoba.ca. If the accessibility modification is available we have step-by-step instructions for the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
Access Keys: Are provided as a shortcut for users to jump to a specific part of the website using the keyboard.
Change Text Size: Make www.Manitoba.ca easier to view by making text larger.
Magnify Screen/Zoom: If resizing text in your browser isn't an option, make www.Manitoba.ca easier to view through magnification.
Ongoing web design and development work is also being guided by the W3C's Web Accessibility Initiative. If you need more information or help accessing website content please send your question to us at email@example.com.
How to use Access Keys
Access keys used on this site:
1: Header Navigation
2: Side Bar Navigation
3: Main Body Navigation
4: Footer Navigation
|Internet Explorer||ALT + Access key, release both keys then press ENTER|
|Mozilla Firefox||Shift + Alt + Access key|
|Google Chrome||Shift + Alt + Access key|
|Mozilla Firefox||CRTL + Access key|
|Apple Safari||CRTL + FN + Access key|
How to Change Text Size
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- In the menu bar, click Tools. If the menu bar is not visible, press the Alt key to make it visible.
- Click Internet Options.
- Within the Internet Options window, click the Fonts button at the bottom of the General tab.
- Within the fonts window, you can adjust the default font used in Internet Explorer. If you need additional font options, you can adjust how fonts are used by clicking the Accessibility button in the General tab.
- Open Firefox.
- Click the "Menu" button on the right. The customization menu will open and you will see the zoom controls at the top.
- Use the + button to zoom in, and the - button to zoom out. The number in the middle is the current zoom level.
- Open Safari.
- In the Safari menu bar, click on View.
- Click on Make Text Bigger to increase the font size or Make Text Smaller to decrease the font size.
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the "wrench" Chrome wrench icon or "Menu" Chrome Menu button icon in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Increase or decrease the font size by clicking the + (plus) or - (minus) in the Zoom section of the menu.
If you need more information or help accessing website content please send your question to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.